Buying a new home is exciting, but also there are plenty of unknowns. You are most likely not familiar with your new neighbors or even the area. That is why one of your top priorities for the new house should be installing a home security system.
While picking the paint colors and measuring space for new furniture is important, protecting your belongings and your new home are equally important. Just some reasons to consider a home security system include:
- The House Will Sit Vacant – When you buy a home, you still have to pack and move from another location. That means your newly purchased home is likely to sit vacant a few days or even a few weeks. This makes it a prime target for squatters, vandals and burglars. By installing a home security system, you can ensure everything is safe even if it sits empty for a little while.
- Deter Crime – The more home security systems in a neighborhood, the less chances of crime. Take a look at your neighborhood and see how many homes have alarms. Adding one to your home will not only protect you, but help protect the neighborhood.
- Opportunity for Home Automation – Why not add a layer of convenience to your new home as well as security? When you install a home security system, you can add home automation, such as lighting control, temperature monitoring, and more. It is easier to prepare a home for home automation while it is empty too.
- Get a Break on Homeowner’s Insurance Premiums – Your new home may have an increased homeowner’s insurance cost or you may be new to paying for insurance altogether. Regardless, installing a home security system can lower your insurance premium annually by as much as 20 percent.
About GuardMe Security
Your new home and new neighborhood should be inviting and welcoming, not intimidating. With the right combination of security solutions, you can protect your newest investment and add peace of mind. GuardMe Security offers residential security systems, fire alarms and even security cameras so that you can protect your new home and your loved ones.
Latest posts by Craig Metzger (see all)
- Make Your Holiday Guests Feel Welcome with Smart Home Security System - December 26, 2019
- The Key Smart Home Features to Look for When Shopping for a Security System This Christmas - December 20, 2019
- Smart Home Security Saves You Stress Over the Holidays - December 13, 2019