School is out, and the kids are home, enjoying some much needed R&R. You, on the other hand, are thinking about what you need to do to keep them safe and occupied over the break, and still get all of your work done. Is it impossible? Not if you have home automation.
Don’t Worry, You’re Not Alone
When the kids are home, the activity and danger levels go up, as do our anxiety levels as parents. Don’t worry, it’s natural. We all have those lingering worries about things like what exactly are they doing in the backyard, did they shut the door, or keeping them out of an unattended pool. The fears are real, and justified. The good news is, they can also be alleviated.
Complete Control and Peace of Mind
Being concerned about your family’s safety is completely understandable. While the percentage of things like injury, accidental death, fire, break-in or other events might be low overall, if it happens to you, it’s 100%. We do not have to live expecting a serious event, but we can live in a way that seriously reduces the likelihood of one. Home automation gives you both complete control and peace of mind.
Home Automation Saves Summer Break
Things get a little chaotic during summer vacation (even if you don’t have kids!). Who knows where they old saying “the lazy days of summer” came from, but unless it means an increased likelihood of forgetting something important as you rush around from activity to activity, summer for most of us is anything but lazy.
Being concerned about your family’s safety is completely understandable. While the percentage of things like injury, accidental death, fire, break-in or other events might be low overall, if it happens to you, it’s 100%.
Fortunately, home automation can take up some serious slack. With your home automation power, you can:
- Control your smart thermostat
- Monitor energy usage
- Watch the kids play outside with the smart cameras and smart app
- Know if the doors open unexpectedly
- Keep kids out of pools or water features with door and gate sensors
- Make certain places off limits
- Keep intruders out
- Monitor the home when you are away
- Check in on pets if you’re gone for the day
- Lock smart locks those times when you forget…
- Know exactly who is at the door by checking the video doorbell.
- Check in on the kids if you have to leave for a bit
- Know who gets home, or comes over– like that steady stream of your kids classmates.
- Make sure you really did turn off the tater tots in the oven
- Go away on vacation knowing that 24/7 monitoring has your home covered
About GuardMe Security
GuardMe Security has corporate headquarters in Old Bridge, New Jersey but serves residential and commercial clients coast to coast. Since 1997, GuardMe has been serving customers with custom integrated home security systems based on the individual needs of each client.
Latest posts by Craig Metzger (see all)
- Make Your Holiday Guests Feel Welcome with Smart Home Security System - December 26, 2019
- The Key Smart Home Features to Look for When Shopping for a Security System This Christmas - December 20, 2019
- Smart Home Security Saves You Stress Over the Holidays - December 13, 2019