Home security solutions are constantly evolving as new technology emerges. Each type of system has its own unique features that set it apart from others. Once you start comparing security systems, you may notice that there are plenty of variables to make the job even more difficult. From pricing to packages to monitoring options and equipment; there are many factors to consider and compare.
If you are thinking about installing a new home security system, you can narrow down the list of potential providers and system types by knowing what to look for.
Key Points to Compare
Do not feel overwhelmed by all of the options. Instead, take your list of services and compare the four most important things: monitoring options, warranty, pricing and installation requirements. These four components will help you quickly identify which service and solution is best for you.
- Monitoring Options – Your security system must, first and foremost, make you feel safe, which is why you should only consider services that provide 24/7/365 monitoring. Also consider how systems are monitored. Landline monitoring not only requires a home phone, but these systems are less reliable, because a burglar can cut the line. Cellular monitoring requires that you live in an area with a strong cellular signal, but these ones are the most reliable.
- Warranty – Unfortunately, warranties are not easily found in the security industry. Pay attention to how long your equipment is insured by the company. Since most services require a 36-month contract, you should ensure the equipment is backed for at least the length of the contract term.
- Installation Requirements – A professional installation is best when purchasing a home security system. Inquire about first-time installation fees; some companies only offer a small number of components for free and the rest are charged per device.
- Pricing – Read the pricing information carefully. Just because you are quoted a price does not mean that is the price you will truly pay. After monitoring fees, activation fees and taxes as well as other surcharges, your quoted monthly rate may inflate exponentially.
Most importantly, go with a security company that has a reputation for quality and customer service. A local company that offers excellent monitoring, affordability and convenient installation is often better than a national security company that looks at you as just another customer. GuardMe Security offers residential home security solutions that can be customized to your budget and security needs.
Latest posts by Craig Metzger (see all)
- Back To School Security Essentials For Parents This Fall - September 6, 2019
- The Necessary Home Security Features Every Family Needs This September - September 2, 2019
- 3 Tips For Protecting Your Kids From Bullies - August 26, 2019